How Much Does Solar Panels Cost?It depends on a few factors
Cost of home solar panels
Wondering if you can afford a home solar panel installation for your home? Solar panels are a smart investment in the value of your home. It can be as little as $3,500 after incentives.
Many factors influence the final price of going solar, such as the size of your roof or ground-mounted system, the age of your electrical panel, the type of roof you have, and the distance between your electrical panel and the solar installation. All play a role in the final costs of going solar.
However, Tax Credits, net metering, local utility incentives and rebates can help offset the cost of switching to solar. An exact price is only possible with a free solar evaluation.
Solar Energy Cost Factors
- System Size: smaller systems cost less than larger ones
- Sun Exposure: the more sun your roof receives annually, the more solar production
- Roof Slope: the steeper slopes require more labor hours
- Roof vs Ground: ground mounts require extra material and labor, increasing costs
- Type of Roof: standard composite and metal roofs are lower cost than tile, TPO, etc
- Number of Stories: single-story homes will be less cost than two and three-story homes
- Existing Electrical: outdated or complex electrical systems may need to be updated